Welcome to the homepage of the Colloidal Plasma Group
Dusty plasmas ...
... consist of solid (dust) particles immersed in a gaseous plasma environment. Dusty plasmas are found in astrophysical situations, as in the rings of the Great planets or in comet tails. Particles can form also in technological applications in processing plasmas with reactive gases, like for thin film deposition or plasma etching. In our laboratory investigations, microspheres are deliberately introduced into the plasma to study their behavior.
- Structure and dynamics of dust systems
- Dusty plasmas under microgravity
- Dusty plasmas and magnetic fields
- Manipulation of particles
- Development of diagnostic techniques
Colloidal (dusty) plasma group
Prof. Dr. A. Melzer
Institute of Physics
University of Greifswald
Telefon +49 3834 420 4790
Telefax +49 3834 420 4701